28 contributers who took up tasks in 38 issues both at the sprint and working remotely, 32 inital patches and at least one contributer who had his first patch committed to Drupal 8 - that's just the figures from the Documentation Sprint at DrupalCon Prague.

Moon under Water is a website about good beer in great places, a collection of places and events to visit. Instead of reading a number of blogs, adding events to my calendar and book marking websites about places I could visit when I'm in the area, the site pulls in feeds from a number of sites. Where appropriate the nodes have dates and geo-locations to display them on maps and event listings.

Reminder to myself: It is worth the effort of installing Drupal straight away in the language that the admin users later will be using. Even if you can change the default language straight away after installation it still leads to a weird mix of some modules taking the default language from what was default during installation and some of what currently is default.
And while it might be cumbersome for me to come up with the right words in other languages in menus, terms etc - it is those admins and editors who will spend much more time using the site than me in future.

I'm setting up a site for a small NGO with an impressive 35 year history. Instead of just dryly listing all their meetings, publications etc we have decided to also add some of the political and environmental events that shaped those decades; events that on the one hand set the scene in which they were active, and events on which they had input, and admittedly who remembers from the top of their head in which year the Chernobyl disaster took place, when Austria had a referendum about nuclear power stations, or when mad cow disease was first diagnosed?

In addition to localisation, I'm also adding some last bits to the site - "de puntjes op het i"

Twitter: The site uses the twitter module to import tweets. So all it needs is adding a the existing twitter account to a user, or better just making a new user 'twitter'. The latest tweets will be displayed in a block in the left sidebar, so I'm making a block and page for all tweets in views. I encountered two problems: First, quite counter-intuatively, the twitter module version 6.x-3 requires the 6.x-2 version of the oath module. Admittedly, it says in the description, but since I don't have access to the modules directory, it requires somebody else to do the changes. The second problem seems to be a bug: as site admin I was trying to add twitter accounts to other users, but while I was adding them from the specific users page ( > edit > twitter accounts), the account got added to my own account. I had to log in as the specific user to add it correctly. It's reported as a bug as http://drupal.org/node/1061030.

Calendar: A calendar block was set up, but showed also pages that were published. I've changed that to filter on node type so that it only shows events but then I noticed that the node type "event" didn't have a date field. I've enabled "date" to get a CCK date field and added it to the content type event. What needs checking now in which format the dates should be displayed, and whether it needs a timezone conversion.

I'm working on the configuration of a bi-lingual site so that the partners in Tanzania can add Kiswahili translations. Since I was asked to explain afterwards what I've done, I'll just blog here while I go along.
The site is bi-lingual (English and Kiswahili), and content that is not translated is not supposed to be shown on the other language version. There are polls on the site which don't need to be aggregated. But all the interface and text like the footer do need to be bi-lingual.

On localize.drupal.org there is a group for Swahili (which according to Wikipedia is the same as Kiswahili...) but no contributions have been made at all there. If any translations done for this site would be submitted there, then that would be an added bonus. http://localize.drupal.org/translate/languages/sw
Among the modules installed is are also modules for the 'ICanLocalize' service. However, according to their website, ICanLocalize does not offer Swahili translations (http://www.icanlocalize.com/site/about-us/languages-we-can-translate-bet...) so I turned these modules off. Two roles have been set up for ICanLocalize translators or managers, which are redundant now. Instead I've added another role "translator" with the appropriate rights. I'll configure Localisation Client instead. For now I leave that one out while I configure all other content types, dis-allowing "language neutral" to enforce the appropriate display of future content.
Since the English and Swahili version of the site are only supposed to show content in the specific language, the language should be set to "Only current language" with a language switcher, and with links to the translations hidden (admin/settings/language/i18n). Navigation from one language to other will therefore only be possible through the language switcher block.